Thursday, September 1, 2011

All About Me

Hello All.....My name is Traci Bishop. I am at the end of the MAT program at Lindenwood University.  I am getting certified in Business Education 9-12 & is very excited about student teaching & getting my own classroom in the near future. I have been in education of children & students for over 15 years. I started in early childhood education & fell in love with working with children. After three or four years with that age group, I started working at Gateway Middle School in the SLPS district. There I worked as a T.A. for 10 years in the computer lab/classroom. While working at Gateway, I decided that k-12 education would be the best place for me. I loved working at Gateway....I did so much more than assisting my teacher & fell in love with teaching technology to both students and teachers....showing them how technology could impact their classrooms and their education. I view technology as a means to get the things you need to get done in a more creative, efficient, and interactive manner.  I think it is also a great way to motivate students to do their best and that there is something about school that they can fall in love with. Since working in a lab setting & substitute teaching in the Pattonville school district, where technology is infused into all curriculum, I have had the experience of using SmartBoards and other similar technologies in the classroom.  I have also seen how the Internet has impacted student research & how other software has made a student's & a teacher's life easier within the classroom, such as creating electronic presentations, portfolios, and word processing programs to create papers and other useful tools to help students.  I am looking forward to expanding my knowledge in integrating technology into classrooms this semester.

1 comment:

  1. I taught Business Education for 9 yrs in SLPS. I absolutely loved working in that field training and preparing our students for the workforce. It is a very rewarding field, and gives the student real-world experiences.

    ReplyDelete