Friday, November 11, 2011

Blog #6

This was a great module with mounds and mounds of information and tools that are great for enhancing instruction and getting students connected in the classroom. One of the common but still great ones is YouTube. YouTube allows us as educators to bring media into the classroom in the way of clips, movies, visual tutorials, music and so much more into our classrooms. It is a great resourceful tool to incorporate in the classroom. The next tool I explored was Go Animate. This tool allows me to add spice to my anticipatory set in the lessons. I can utilize this tool to get the students attention & to introduce the concepts to be discussed or introduced in the day's lesson. It can also explain directions individually to students when they play the animation so that if they missed anything they could quickly and easily access the information without me having to stop the class to assist one student. I can better meet the needs of all students utilizing Go Animate in this manner. Prezi was very exciting to explore and I look forward to creating presentations for lessons and having the students create presentations in this program. It brings an exciting element to presentations for both creators and viewers. Xtranormal was phenomenal in having the ability to create. I see students reaching the Synthesis level of Blooms by utilizing this tool. Students create their own movie to accomplish a goal or objective. This is dynamic. The last exciting tool I want to discuss is VoiceThread. This tool allows discussion of a type of media such as a picture or video that will meet the needs of most all students because it allows you to comment by phone, voice, document, writing (which can reach most all intelligences). Having a class discussion beyond the classroom is a awesome tool to incorporate in your classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment